Mixing, granulating, drying, compacting, sieving
Granulation process lines.Completely integrated and custom-built.
We advise, conceptualize, design, manufacture, install and put granulation lines into operation to cover the requirements of the life-science and chemical industry.
- Complete solutions. Ranging from the key equipment, such as high-shear mixer-granulators and fluid bed dryers, up to all accessories, including safety systems, binder solution tanks, wet and dry mills, vacuum air systems for product transfer and CIP/WIP cleaning systems.
- Control system. With the customized software designed by AIRPLAN you can automate recipes, record process variables, adjust dosing and manage the heating/cooling process with temperature control. Delivery with CE or UL markings and optional compliance with Title 21 CFR Part 11 Regulations.
- Optional Supervision System. Integration of equipment control in a SCADA system for remote control and maintenance support.
- Hygienic design. In accordance with ASME-BPE standards and in compliance with the European Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) to prevent cross contamination.
- Function. Simultaneously mixes, kneads and granulates at variable speeds.
- Use. For wet mixing and granulation processes to turn powder into dense, uniform granules.
- Process. Joint action of two mixing systems: the impeller (prevents product build-up on inside walls) and the chopper (facilitates granule generation and acts as a cutting tool). The result is a homogeneous mixture of granules.
- Function. Fast, smooth, stable and efficient drying process. Essential equipment for drying wet granulated mixtures.
- Use. Optimized for pharmaceutical and food industry applications, amongst others.
- Process. A flow of hot, dry air that has been previously treated and filtered (HEPA passes through the granulated mixture, under controlled speed, humidity and temperature conditions, until achieving the uniform, smooth and homogeneous drying of the mixture.
Cleanliness is a key factor in the production process.
- Function. THE PRO CLEAN – CIP/SIP/WIP skids are designed to clean and/or sterilize equipment in pharmaceutical, biotechnological, cosmetic and food industry production, guaranteeing compliance with the strict cleanliness requirements of these sectors. We help our clients comply with current regulations and manufacture their products without any cross-contamination, a key element in guaranteeing the quality of the final product.
- Efficient process. Technique based on the circulation or recirculation of water and detergent or disinfectant solutions applied to equipment and installations, guaranteeing that all surfaces come into contact with the product for their correct cleaning and disinfection, without the need for disassembly.
- Use. THE PRO CLEAN equipment assures excellent results in the washing and/or sterilizing process, preventing the appearance of incrustations, microbial proliferation, cross-contamination and enabling a significant reduction in the cleaning process time.
Product temperature control in the vessel’s interior.
- Function. Compact unit with a series of valves for the automatic control of the product temperature in the vessel’s interior via a control system.
- Use. THE PRO SKID requires a chilled-water feed, whether it be from a cooling tower, city water supply or chiller, and steam or hot water to perform cooling and heating processes for the product inside the vessel. The control system optimizes the thermal exchange between the fluids that circulate through the double jacket and the product, thereby achieving the required temperature for the process.
Versatile auxiliary vessel for solutions preparation
- Function. This compact, versatile auxiliary vessel for preparing solutions is perfect for small production volumes (usually between 50 and 150 liters).
- Uses. The equipment easily adapts its mode of operation to various uses, such as: binder solution preparation for solids line granulation processes, oily solution homogenizations, new product testing, small product batch manufacture, etc.
In compliance with international regulations and guidelines
Our equipment and process lines comply with the European Directive of Machines (2006/42/CE), the European Pressure Equipment Directive (97/23/CE), ASME BPE standards and EU GMP / cGMP and 21 CFR Part 11 (FDA) regulations. We deliver pressure equipment certified “U” according to the ASME BPVC (Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code).